Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June Amazon Comparison of ECPA Publishers

Unfortunate news this month. The information service (www.TitleZ.com) that I use to generate my Amazon comparison of ECPA publishers has changed the way they report their Amazon rankings. At the beginning of June, they started simultaneously including both Kindle and print versions of books when I conducted a specific publisher search.

The problem is that now you can't tell which book is a Kindle version and which is print without doing a very time-consuming manual search. TitleZ has given no explanation for why they suddenly started reporting their Amazon ranking this way.

Because of this problem, I'm unable to generate my monthly research based only on print versions of books. If TitleZ goes back to the former way of reporting, I'll gladly provide my free research again and post the results on this blog.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I appreciate everyone's support of this monthly research that I've provided to the industry for the last 18 months.

No comments: