This week's focus:
The 10 Commandments of Author Marketing - How many are you breaking?
1. Tell people about the results your books create, not the topics you write about.
2. Test your manuscript on focus groups and get actual success stories before you publish your book.
3. Include your contact information on all of your marketing materials - or lightning may strike you.
4. Make sure your website lets visitors test-drive your expertise.
5. Refrain from blaming your publisher for being the devil. Only you control the success of your career.
6. Maintain a growing database of leaders and send them regular newsletters...righteous!
7. Honor the Sabbath. Carve out regular breaks in your schedule to recharge your mind and soul.
8. Renounce false prophets who claim they can make your book hit #1 on Amazon...for a small fee.
9. Abstain from idolizing your book. Take your material and turn it into spin-off products, such as audio, video, coaching, curriculum, etc.
10. Avoid false humility. Don't be afraid to tell people about your book when you know it can help them. That's the real point of evangelism.
Blessings be upon you and your books.
Upcoming Event Reminder - only 5 seats remain!
Authors with marketing savvy sell more books...
it's time you became one of them.
Rob Eagar announces his new workshop:
How to Sell Books Like WildFire!
November 6, 2010 in Atlanta, GA
To receive Rob's Monday Morning Marketing Tip directly to your email inbox,
© Rob Eagar 2010. All rights reserved.