Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday Morning Marketing Tip - "Put on Your Marketing Glasses"


Rob Eagar's Monday Morning Marketing Tip
is written to help authors, publishers, and organizations
spread their message like wildfire.

This week's focus:

Last week, we had unseasonably warm weather in Atlanta for December (70 degrees!). So, I took advantage and went mountain biking one afternoon after work before the sun went down. However, as dusk set in, the light began to fade and the trail became harder to see. Anticipating this issue, I pulled out a pair of orange-tinted glasses that I had brought with me. As I looked through these glasses, I was struck by the change that happened. Within seconds, I went from straining to see the trail to seeing everything around me with bright, clear vision. It felt like someone suddenly turned on the lights, and my ability to continue biking became much easier. Even though the sunlight had not changed, my perspective was enhanced by wearing the colored glasses.

This situation represents a marketing perspective that affects all authors. No, I'm not going to make the sappy suggestion that wearing rose-colored glasses is the solution to life's problems. But, my mountain biking experience represents an important reminder for authors who are trying to promote their books. When you look at your readers through "value-colored" glasses, your marketing strategy will be much easier to see. In other words, if you concentrate on providing value and helping to entertain or inform your readers, your path will be easier to follow and you'll reach your destination faster.

For example, your newsletters will yield better results when write articles that tangibly help your subscribers. Your website and social media activities will be more productive when you give away free advice, resources, and samples. Your book sales will grow when you view readers as individuals who need answers and inspiration, rather people who should buy something from you.

As you analyze your marketing efforts, look at the process through the lens of helping people and providing value. The view may not always be rosy, but your next step as a book marketer will be much easier to see.


Coming Next Month: New Teleconference Series for Authors

Join me in January for the start of new instructional teleconference series called, "Advanced Book Marketing for Authors." Learn the essential skills that every fiction and non-fiction author needs to market books more effectively. Plus, I'll personally answer your questions during these sessions. The first session will be on Wednesday, January 18th and I'll explain "How to Answer the Most Important Question in Book Marketing." All teleconference sessions will be recorded and sent as a download file afterwards. So, you can listen live or listen later on your computer, iPod, or smartphone.

Register early and save 20%. Click here for details and signup.



Special Christmas Discount for My Blog Readers:


To say "thank you" to my blog readers this year, I'm offering a $5.00 discount (that's 25% off) on any of my new downloadable teaching products between now and December 31st. Just use the secret code "wildfire" when you checkout at my website. Get a great deal on these new resources for authors:


Bestseller Website Tutorial - Fiction and Non-Fiction versions
Marketing Plan Template for Authors - Fiction and Non-Fiction
How to Sell Books in Any Market - 5 hours of audio teaching


Remember, use "wildfire" in the discount code box when you checkout to get the discount. Applies to downloadable products only (PDF, Word, and mp3 files).


Merry Christmas and thanks for following my blog!





To receive Rob's Monday Morning Marketing Tips directly in your email inbox,
click here



© Rob Eagar 2011.
All rights reserved.






No comments: